I added a 16th term to the Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram and new handout to go with it.
- Google Slides (Public)– this slide presentation will show the answers for the activity
- Handouts:(PDF）包括空白维恩图，William Hill中文网站slips to cut apart,and answer key
- Optional Videos:
- 声明:不同的方式使用16语句,or facts,William Hill轮盘about Solids,Liquids,and Gases:
- give each group 2-4 facts to discuss and place into the Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram
- give each group all 16 facts to discuss,then ask each group to place one fact into the William Hill中文网站diagram
- this is the versions I use,see below for details
- give each student or pair of students only 1 fact
- give every student all 16 facts and have them glue it into their Venn William Hill中文网站diagram
- give every student all 16 facts and have them ‘dry fit' the statements then handwrite them into their Venn William Hill中文网站diagrams (you can laminate and reuse the statements for each class) (I prefer to have the students write the facts into their Venn diagrams.)
How to use this version of the activity:
Whole class activity
- Discuss what we know William Hill轮盘about Solids,Liquids,and Gases.
- Give each student one of the 16 facts.They are not to share their facts with the class until it was their turn to present.
- They may or may not know the answer to their fact,我们首先讨论了这个问题。I told them I would give them clues if they needed help and not to worry too much William Hill轮盘about getting the answer ‘wrong'.
- After a minute or so to think William Hill轮盘about it,ask the person with Fact #1 to stand and read their fact to the class.The rest of class will think William Hill轮盘about the fact and where it might go into the Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram,but not share their answers.
- The person with Fact #1 will guess where the fact fit into the Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram.Once they give the correct answer,click on the Google Slide and the answer will pop up on the screen.
- Everyone will write fact #1 into their notes.
- Using abluecolored pen or pencil,the students will fill in the phrases related to the物质状态及其特征,such as definite shape or volume.
- Using aredcolored pen or pencil,they can write in thephase changes,such as evaporation.They will notice that all of the phase changes are placed where two states of matter overlap.
- For example,evaporation is placed where liquids and gases overlap.
- Then ask the person with Fact #2 to read their fact to the class,and so on until all 15 facts are posted.
- We would discuss each fact and any questions they might have.
- If you have more than 16 students,you can have them work with a partner and guess together.
- Instead of each student having only one fact, you can have the class work in cooperative groups and give one set of the 16 facts to a group of 4 students.
- The students will discuss/share their facts within their group and come to an agreement on where it should go.
- They will place the facts on top of the Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram where they think it is the best fit.
- Once each group has had a chance to discuss their facts,you can go over the answers as a class.
- Starting with #1,have the first group tell the class where they think it belongs in the Venn William Hill中文网站diagram and why.
- If their answer iscorrect,show the answer in the Venn William Hill中文网站diagram and have each student write that fact into their notes.
- Optional: Using abluecolored pen or pencil,the students will fill in the phrases related to the物质状态及其特征,such as definite shape or volume.
- Using aredcolored pen or pencil,they can write in thephase changes,such as evaporation.They will notice that all of the phase changes are placed where two states of matter overlap.For example,evaporation is placed where liquids and gases overlap.
- If it inincorrect,go to the next group and have them share where they think it belongs.
- Ask the next group for fact #2,and repeat the steps above until all 16 facts have been placed into the Venn William Hill中文网站diagram and each group has had a chance to place a fact into the Venn Diagram.
Independent Seat Work,or as part of a Station/Center/Review
- You can also do this activity where each student will cut out all 16 facts and work independently to figure out where each fact would go in the Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram.They will then write in the facts as each answer is discussed.
- As a station/center activity/review,you can have a blank laminated Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram,a laminated answer key,and laminated facts.Students can guess where each fact goes into the William Hill中文网站diagram,then check their work with the answer key and write the answers into their worksheet
This is an interactive/SmartBoard activity to show the relationship between the phases of matter and phase change.
- Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram –States and Phases Triple Venn William Hill中文网站Diagram Notes(pdf)
- SMART Board– Venn William Hill中文网站diagram SMART Board notebook file (link)
- Red and Blue colored pencils
Part 1 – Discussion and Categorizing:Students will work in collaborative groups to determine where each statement will go into the Venn William Hill中文网站diagram.In their notes,they will pencil in an ‘S' for solid,‘L' for liquid,“sl”如果在固体/液体之间，etc… next to each statement on their list.
Part 2 – SMART Board:每一组都会轮到猜测将其中一个陈述放入维恩图中。William Hill中文网站If the group is correct,它保持在维恩图中，每个学生将语句写进他们的William Hill中文网站维恩图讲义，并将其从列表中划掉。If the statement is incorrectly placed into the William Hill中文网站diagram,the statement is returned to the list outside of the William Hill中文网站diagram. The next group chooses a statement,and so on,until all of the statements have been placed correctly into the Venn William Hill中文网站diagram.
Using a blue colored pencil,the students will fill in the phrases related to the states of matter and their characteristics,such as definite shape or volume.Using a red colored pencil,they can write in the phase changes,such as evaporation.They will notice that all of the phase changes are placed where two states of matter overlap.For example,evaporation is placed where liquids and gases overlap.