In your prompt notebook,draw the following scenarios.You are looking at thesouthernsky for each scenario,draw your compass accordingly.Simple stick figure drawings are fine.
Be sure to include the following in each drawing:compass, the horizon,tree,house,and the sun.
#1– Draw the sun rising in the East
#2– Draw the sun setting in the West
#3– Draw the sun at noon in the summer sky
#4– Draw the sun near the SE part of the sky and draw the shadows for the house and tree
#5– Draw the sun near the SW part of the sky and draw the shadows for the house and tree
In your prompt notebook,draw the following scenarios. Simple stick figure drawings are fine.One prompt per page. If you need a compass,ask your parentsto download one of the following apps (or one of your choice) forFREE:
Write the directions for each prompt below into your notebook
#6 –In your notebook,draw a rectangle to represent your house. Draw a square to show where your front door is.
- Write down the direction that your front door is facing,(For example,my front door faces due South,I write the letter "S" next to my door)
- Show the other 3 directions,what direction is the back of your house facing?Sides of house?Write N,E,W的方向。
#7– Draw your house again.Show N,S,E,& W again.
- This week (Jan 12,2015),the sun will be rising towards theESE(East-South-East) part of the sky (Between 119 and 116 degrees)
- Draw ayellowcircle to represent the sun rising in the ESE part of the sky
- You may use your compass app to help you
#8 –Draw your house again.Show N,S,E,& W again.
- This week (Jan.12,2015),the sun will be setting towards theWSW(West-South-West) part of the sky (Between 242 and 243 degrees)
- Draw an orange circle to represent the sun setting in the WSW part of the sky
- You may use your compass app to help you
#9 –Draw your house again.Show N,S,E,& W again.You will draw ablack circlefor the moon and ayellow or orange circlefor the sun
On January 20,2015:
- the sun will rise at 7:16 AM @ 116 degrees (ESE) – draw a yellow circle
- the sun will set at 4:59 PM @ 244 degrees (WSW)- draw an orange circle
- the new moon will rise at 6:56 AM @111 degrees (ESE)- draw a black circle
- the new moon will set at 5:33 PM @ 251 degrees (WSW) – draw a black circle
#10 –Draw your house again.Show N,S,E,& W again.You will draw awhite circlefor the moon and anorange circlefor the sun
On February 3,2015:
- the sun will set at 5:16 PM @ 249 degrees (WSW)- draw an orange sun
- the full moon will rise at 5:20 PM @ 74 degrees (ENE)- draw a white circle
#11 –In your notebook,draw the view from your house as you look East.Be sure to add a compass.
February 3,2015 – As the sun is setting,look for the Full Moon withJupiterto its left.If you see it,note it and draw it in your notebook.If you didn't see it,look at the link and draw what it would look like:http://earthsky.org/tonight/full-moon-and-jupiter-from-dusk-till-dawn-on-february-3-4
#12– Write the following into your notebook- Using the NOAA website (link),choose any city and record the following information into your notebook:
- Location of tide station
- Is the tide going out or coming in?
- When is the next tide?Is it a High or Low tide?
- What is the water temperature?
#13– Use the tide chart to answer the questions in complete sentences.Write the questions and answers in your notebook.(click on link)
Questions: Use the data for Friday,February 6th –
- Where is the tide station located?
- When is the first high tide?
- What is the moon phase?
- What time will the sun rise?
- Which low tide is lower,the AM or the PM low tide?
- Do you notice something peculiar William Hill轮盘about the tide levels?
#14– How do you get to Mars?Watch the video by clicking on the (link).Write the questions and answers with complete sentences into your prompt notebook:
- What 3 things do you need to get to Mars?
- Why is timing so important when planning your launch to Mars?
- How far is the total trip to Mars?
- How is aiming for Mars similar to a quarterback throwing a football?
- How long does it take to get to Mars?
#s 15 – 20
Create the following table in your notes 6 times,one for each planet.(We already compared Earth & Mars) Watch the BrainPOP videos onMercury,Venus,Jupiter,Saturn,Uranus,and Neptuneto complete the charts.Choose 3 categories/comparisons between Mercury and Earth,Venus and Earth,and so on.Write the topic in the center and the answers for each planet.